|Posted on March 7, 2014 at 9:00 PM|
It's that time again. Daylight savings time change, which means to move your clocks ahead by one hour. Of course you know that, but do you do the other things that are important? Like, change the batteries in your smoke detectors and revisit your 72hour emergency bag to update it. Speaking of smoke detectors, I saw this box and thought about a few things.
1. Battery operated = Change every time daylight savings changes.
2. Test Button = Test monthly or at least quarterly.
3. Low Battery Indicator = Pay close attention to life saving equipment, keep it in good working order.
4. Easy installation = If you can't do it, find someone who can. Placement of smoke detectors is important.
5. 3 year limited warranty = Smoke Detectors should be replaced every ten years or service.